I love music, arts, I write, sing. I dance through life, I fly high. And got my feet on solid ground.
I am a feminist, a LGBT member, I hold values like honesty, reliability and family in high esteem.
I am myself. That has to be enough for you.
AND I am a fangirl.
A minute of silence for all the good books with bad movie adaptions.
A minute of silence for all the bad books that are getting movie adaptations.
A minute of silence for books with the movie adaptation on the front cover.
A minute of silence for The Last Airbender.
Ten minutes of silence for The Last Airbender.
Two hours of stunned horrified silence for The Last Airbender.
Why? The series never got adapted to live action. You hear me? It. Never. Got. Adapted.
Ok, so my prof wrote me back on that waaaaaaaaay too-long essay, regarding my in part extremely snarky footnotes… concerning the one where I snarked about how marriage is callled a right, yet treated as a priviledge certain groups have no claim on…
His comment on this was basically “Never thought of it like that, but… neat.”
My comment on how any religious holidays should be removed from the German state calendar (dictating official holidays and such), since these are all Christian and this is discriminating against other religions and favoring Christianity when Germany has the claim of being a secular state and granting religious freedom…
was greeted with: “Alternative would destroy the economy, see the point. I’m not sure whether I hope for you to become a politician - what a tremendous change that could bring - or to hope you wont - could potentially waste a fine head.”
… … … what, what, I’m 16 pages over my page limit, I snark on and on and on and I get PRAISE for it? What is this?
straighten your back, mate
NOW GO ON
woah thanks i really needed that today
tumblr user demeaniac doing little favors for tumblr one post at a time
FUCK THIS POST HAS SHOWED UP LIKE 10 TIMES TODAY AND I HAVE BEEN HUNCHED OVER EVERY FUCKING TIME
PLEASE KEEP THIS GOING it is the best reminder for me ever and I always need it omg
I’m lying on the ground.
Okay I know the time frame totally doesn’t work but- Imagine Draco Malfoy getting all puffed up and arrogant and starting to say “I don’t think my father-” and Harry slyly interjecting “-the inventor of toaster strudel-” “-would be too happy to-” and then stopping in confusion when Harry, Hermione, and every other Muggleborn in earshot start practically crying with laughter.
Well, Harry and Draco might not get the chance to do so, but you can SO bet on Hermione watching every and ANY good muggle flick in her holidays and introducing Ginny to them and then their kids dust off mommys old DVDs and watch and crack these jokes on any chance…
And Scorpio Malfoy, imagine him being so flummoxed that he one day simply drags Daddy Draco into an elecronics store: “Dad, please, go with the damn times!”
Hello, lovely new followers! Glad you’re here!
I found this translation of FMA: Conqueror of Shamballa’s prototype script. I can’t confirm for translation accuracy, but it’s better than nothing. This is the first entry. Click the arrows at the top to move between entries.
I had read somewhere that the movie could have been as long as 3 hours if not for all the mandatory cuts they had to do. I personally wouldn’t have minded, because the character development would have been amazing.
Reading this script and its accompanying notes made me understand why some of the scenes in COS felt rushed. True, I like the movie overall (and I drool over the art style), but I knew there must be something missing, and this script was a great read to understand what the creators’ vision was.
Here in bullets are some of my favorite sadly-never-made-it-to-the-final-cut scenes from the script:
- Ed mentally slapped across the face as he fully realizes that Al has the mentality of a twelve year old. A genius twelve-year old, sure, but a child nonetheless. Ed is eighteen in COS. The difference in maturity between their ways of thinking is obvious and sad in a way. I can’t imagine what Ed must have felt upon realizing the most important person in his life remembers nothing of what they went through together and for each other. Al is equally frustrated and feels like no one is telling him the complete story.
- Izumi’s death was going to be on-screen, and it was heartbreaking. Winry is there, and takes it hard.
- Ed once asks Alfons to call him Nii-san, but his voice is drowned out and Alfons never hears it.
- Izumi tells Winry that Al’s genius in alchemy may even surpass his brother’s.
- More scenes that properly establish Ed’s feelings of listlessness and imprisonment.
- Alfons was originally going to walk in on Noah mind-reading Ed during that sleeping scene, and was so going to take it the wrong way.
- Wrath’s character, especially in regards to his relationship with Izumi and later on Alphonse, is explored more deeply. And of course as per original FMA tradition - the results are heartbreaking. In fact, the creators intentionally removed a lot of Wrath scenes from the movie because they felt that his death would be too painful to watch had they delved that deep into his character.
- In an earlier version of the script, Al is the one who ends up saving Amestris.
- Although Hohenheim disappears without a trace, Ed just assumes he is traveling. He seems to have gotten over the feeling of abandonment, and is more or less not as resentful of his father as he used to be.
- Mustang tells Winry that he has no right to dream or have ambition. Not when he couldn’t save Maes Hughes or Edward Elric.
- BEST FOR LAST: Wrath is literally a broshipper. He sacrifices himself so that his brotp can be a reality.
I’m pretty much convinced I’ll love all the things Lynn Flewelling will write in the future. I started reading ‘The Bone Doll’s Twin’ yesterday and I love everything about it!
Maybe it’s just because I’m into character-driven stories that don’t ignore the main plot.
Come to think of it, that’s also the way I write stuff. Only that I suck at everything (apart form other stuff I’m too lazy to research things so everything’s completely inaccurate. For example, I don’t know how far someone can walk on foot if they walk for n hours. Also, writing something set in a renaissance-esque world would be pretty neat but I don’t know enough about that.)
How did this just transform into a ‘I’m a bad writer’ post? I don’t even know D:
Anyway, Lynn Flewelling is great.
There’s a simple solution for most of your problems. Research. Hands on. Walk for a day in good shoes. Go to museums. Read up wikipedia articles and deepen them by ersuing the books they used as source.
Research is a bitch to start, but once you do, it’s pretty fun, actually - or this is just me as a historian speaking. Research is my life. XD.
(It helps to think you’re your character.)
And yes. Lynn’s awesome.I did mention that I’m a lazy ass, right? xD
Anyway … I better get that research done before Nanowrimo. You remember that idea with the musician? I guess that would go well with such a setting.
But. Music stuff.
Wow. And now it makes perfect sense that my friends told me to play HabitRPG with them. Better set research as a task or I won’t do it.
Well… see it from this - you wanna write about it that means, you’Re interested in it, so… it’s more fun…?